Waxing is an intimate experience, but one that is gratifying to many. At Body Muse, we
want your body waxing or sugaring experience to not only be the absolute best, but for
you to achieve results. It is recommended that you come in every 4-6 weeks. Doing this
will allow your skin to acclimate to waxing, slow your hair growth, and maintain better
results between treatments. Our 3-Packs allow you to prepay and save
significantly. For more details, ask about our promotions and specials.
• Personal hygiene rules! Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian,
bikini or body wax treatment. (A hot shower helps open pores for an easier pull.)
• Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self-tanners, body sprays, deodorants
and other topical creams before your appointment.
• Let it grow out! If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or 1?4 inch
of hair growth. (length of a grain of rice)
• Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to
• Avoid heat. No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
• Exfoliate! Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove
the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax.
• Keep Calm. Come early and sip a cup of tea or glass of wine to relax or request a
complimentary application of numbing cream before your Brazilian.
• Be comfy. Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Post-Waxing Care: Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is
important to take precaution.
• Heightened sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48
• Avoid heat. No tanning, sunbathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your
treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat
exposure can burn the skin.
• No hot baths or exercising for 2 hours following your treatment.
• Apply a cold compress to sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation
after your treatment. Hydro-cortisone cream also reduces the redness and irritation
following your treatment.
• Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment. We offer a nice selection of exfoliating
products to help you maintain your wax and eliminate ingrown hairs. Try our ingrown
hair/breakout serums or our mild natural sugar scrubs.
• NO SEXY TIME as your pores are open, and the friction can cause rug burn effects.
Exchange of sweat or bodily fluids can cause infection or breakouts.
If your skin is sensitive, body waxing may result in minor breakouts. Waxing causes the
temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin,